Friday, March 30, 2007

Life at Ambassy Court

You know you're cool when they do fashion shows for hip urban brands like Van Dutch at your complex. I missed the actual show (got back from Hangzhou an hour too late), but the next morning, the Harley Davidsons and the catwalk were still there. By tonight, it should be like we were never hip.

It's a shame, though. I kinda wish they would leave the red carpet. It's the closest I'll ever get...

We're in the middle of a kind of heat wave (although we're about due for the weather to change). So half of Shanghai is walking around with a coat or sweater, the other half is cautiously considering summer. Me, being a gringo, I'm wearing my bold geometric print shirt.

One of the nice things about the new place is that you can see something from the balcony. We're in the middle of a mostly low-rise neighborhood, with some fairly nice houses that clearly have had money put into them recently. The orange one is actually a restaurant, "Cilantro." Feels like I'm back in California!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: